Backsplash Question and lights on their way

 Backsplash question: 

Ok, so I got a bid to do new tile for my backsplash and it was over 2600 for just this small wall. (not inlcuding tile). I thought I would try just doing a faux paint job on the existing stone backsplash first to see if I could love it without spending the money. It only took a couple of hours and I think it's ok. I do love it way more than how it was, but it could be better. The question is: how motivated am I to change it?  If I change it would I go with an artisan white/ linen color with variations and some gloss/ some matte or something patterned? 


 

 

I really like this pattern because it has a "lodgy" pattern that I really like and it has contrast without being too "black and white". 

I know these patterned backsplashes are going to be a trend we see pass on quickly, so I just have to decide how much I love it and how long I would love it. These are my second choices.

 
Which do you prefer; patterned or plain? 

 

This however, is a done deal. I ordered it last night for my fireplace wall. I'm in love with this wallpaper from rebel walls called Swedish Forest. I can't wait. I better love it because it was not cheap!! 

My light fixtures and some rugs are on the way too. 

Paul and I bought these stools for our island and lived with them for a few days before I just knew they weren't the right thing. Even though they are so gorgeous, I drove them back to West Elm and said goodbye to them. I thought the leather and the exposed stitching and black metal would provide enough "rustic" nature, but when they got in place, they just felt too modern.

 

 These are on the way, which I think will be just right... but we will see.  I chose the cognac color instead of the gray and I think the pinched metal will look primitive and handmade enough to add a rustic flavor that I'm hoping for. They have to work nicely with my antique table and chairs. Because of their exposed lines, I think they will.

 

 

Here's my dining room (below) which I am dying over. I can't believe how gorgeous this room and this view is to be in.  Paul asked for yellow flowers this week. It's amazing how flowers can bring a burst of joy to a home. Especially daffodils in January!

 

 

Last question for the day, How do you like the pendants?  Do you think they are heavy, or just right? 


Comments

Popular Posts