Rosemont Remodel Part 2 - Lighting plan

 The lighting plan has been a bit of a bear for me. 

First, I couldn't decide on the color of metal. The house already has quite a mix.  There is a stainless faucet and fridge and, a black banister on the stairs, brushed nickel in the existing lighting and burnished bronze in the existing pulls and handles on the cabinets.   At first I thought that the burnished bronze would be best for the traditional lodge, rustic feel.  As I searched for burnished bronze fixtures, I kept getting absorbed by fixtures that seemed to lean more to a rustic farmhouse than lodge because I felt they went better with the new hood.  

 

I felt pretty good about this plan, but I did not so much love the price of the large chandelier and I worried that the lights might be too high up into the beams to get even light in the room. I also worried that the sconce would be too breakable in a stairway/ walkway. And, I wasn't sure if the pull down pendants would be too busy. I really like the weights and the handles, but maybe three was too much, and maybe the color just wasn't right. Maybe it wasn't enough drama for me.  Also, maybe the sconce was too modern. It is a super cool lighting plan, but it just didn't feel right. So I began again. 


I wondered if using a lot of curved lines would be a nice contrast to the rustic, masculine existing lines and finishes, and I have never tired of the handmade "orb" chandelier that I had on my old house. However, this plan did not feel right.

 

I wondered if I went very modern/ industrial, if I would like it. I love how the brass interior of these shades mimics the warmth of the wood on the ceiling and island. I do love this plan, but Paul wasn't as crazy about it. 

 

I called this an unconventional farmhouse. I tried to find white fixtures that would brighten the space and still feel rustic and "lodgeish".  I felt this went a little too beachy, although I really like it.

  

This plan, which I called "Bohemian" started to really feel like me.  It was close but had to pass Paul's test. 

 

This is the plan we landed on. I love how the pieces each feel very rustic, but elegant. They each have a handmade quality to them and they seem very unique to me.

The sconces are from McGee and Co.

The baskets pendants are from Bellacor

The aged brass chandelier is from Clayton Gray Home 

and the beautiful drum pendants are impossible to find. I am still looking for a source, but I ordered the rest. I super nervous and excited for it all to arrive.

My next task is to figure out a rug package. 


Comments

Popular Posts