Rosemont Remodel part 3

The paint is on! I chose to paint all the uppers in Soft Linen by Magnolia Home. The lower cabinets are painted Sherwin Williams Greenblack to match the existing island. I went with  a gorgeous green called Roycroft Botttle Green for the pantry cabinets by Sherwin Williams. I went ahead and gambled on painting the backsplash to see if I could like it enough to not redo the tilework. That's still a bit in question. (more to come.) I love how taking the cabinets up to the ceiling and adding the hood gave the kitchen a totally custom feel and I'm very happy with the colors. I decided to take the doors off of the glass cabinet left of the hood below. I wanted open shelving and this was an easy way to achieve that. I like it so much better open. It feels more rustic to me that way. The seeded glass is so pretty, but I also did not love the square pattern at the top of the doors.

 

 

This was my attempt at making the stone look white/ gray and cream.  I think it turned out pretty great. I am going to put some more warms back in and seal it with a gloss finish. Its satin now, which I thought I wanted but I think the gloss will add just enough sparkle without making it look less rustic. 

I snapped this picture because I thought it was so great that all my kids were working in the kitchen at the same time in age order. Right before this they were all looking in the same drawer. I tried to catch that moment, but was too slow. This time feels so fleeting.  I'm glad we now have a lovely kitchen to be in together!

 

Overall I'm really pleased. I'm excited for the new lighting and I also need to finish the sealer on the backsplash. I think I will paint the top part of the hood with a plaster paint in a white the color of the walls to make it look more like it is made of stone. My friend Bonnie came over and recommended that the wood at the bottom of the hood did not look rustic enough, so I found a piece of wood to add to the hood that I think will make it a little better.  So that's all for now folks. 

Comments

Popular Posts